Attemted Murder of a Police Officer, Robbery, Attempted Robbery
REWARDThe FBI is offering a reward of up to $50,000 and EICU is offering an additional $20,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual who committed this bank robbery.
• Dark gray 4-door Nissan Maxima
• Dark tinted windows
• Stock chrome wheels
• Possibly had an Arizona license plate with a plastic plate cover on the front and a California license plate on the rear (Chino)
• In the Vacaville case, the license plate was covered.
• Reddish-orange Jeep Liberty or Patriot SUV
• Possibly had an out of state license plate with a prominent blue colored stripe across the top of the license plate.
• Rear tire was mounted and the cover had some type of design similar in color and shape to a Banner Bank logo.
• Dark blue sedan
• Tinted windows
• Red and blue license plate
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The work of the reserve police officer involves responsibilities for the protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals and the general enforcement of laws and ordinances.
Works under the direction of the Chief of Police and under the direct supervision of his designee.
Skilled operation of a motor vehicle.
Administer First Aid as required.
Enforce City, State, and Federal Laws and Ordinances.
Interview and interrogation of victim’s and suspect’s.
Make sound judgments and draw appropriate conclusions from facts presented.
Work under stressful conditions and various shift periods.
Prepare clear, accurate, and complete reports on any and all activities engaged in.
Provide clear and accurate court testimony.
Conduct preliminary and follow up investigations.
Conduct searches of persons, vehicles, places, and things.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES:
Provide security for special events.
Guest speaker for various groups/clubs.
Supervise Community Service projects.
May handle animal control problems and concerns.
Other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must have a valid Idaho Driver’s License.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must hold a minimum of a Level 1 Reserve status through the Idaho Peace Officer’s and Training Academy (P.O.S.T.), as required by the Department. Idaho P.O.S.T. requires a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Must pass the Rexburg Police Department FTO Training Program successfully.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Local knowledge (Familiar with the norms and physical layout of the City).
Idaho P.O.S.T. Certification.
Some College desirable.